30 March 2015

The Breakfast Club

Sorry for the lack of contact, it's been a long weekend. It was my birthday on Friday which my boyfriend made bloody amazing, and the rest was all work. I have loads of pictures to show you, will write a post about it tomorrow!

Today I had to wake up at 7:00 (on my day off..) to go to Sainsbury's and buy cleaning products for our cleaner that was scheduled to come at 8:00. And I'm being absolutely serious here; the £10 per hour that she costs is the best investment I've ever made in my life. She cleans our kitchen, 2 bathrooms and does all the floors in 3 hours. She even polishes the appliances in the kitchen. Brilliant.

After that I went to Soho to meet my friend Gabi for brunch. We wanted to try the bespoken Breakfast Club. If you've read this blog before you know how passionate I feel about breakfast, so I was very excited.

When we got there, there was a QUEUE of about 15 people outside the cafe. We ended up queuing for probably 45 minutes (!!!) out in the cold and as time passed we thought - this must be goooood! And indeed it was. I'm very curious as to why this little hole in the wall, completely off the high street, could become such a hype? Very intriguing. I guess it must be a celeb hotspot or something. Btw there was about 90% Asians there. Not pointing this out in a racist way, just wondering WHY?

Anyhow, we found a great review in advance about their version of an Eggs Benedict (loooooove eggs benny) that I had to try. It was an english muffin with chorizo, avocado, poached egg, hollandaise sauce and fresh chillies on top. It may sound a bit weird, and it was a bit weird. Weird flavour combos you know? But it tasted absolutely delicious. Gabi had american pancakes with fresh berries which she said was the best she'd ever had. In terms of pancakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment